Weekly Wrap Up: May 28 – June 3

This is a little late because I was at Book Con and didn’t get a chance to write it before I left. I just realized there was a lot that I read this week (even if some of them were short).

Books I Reviewed This Week:

Emergency Contact

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi – My Review

Books I Read This Week:

34728667

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

To Be or Not To Be: A Chooseable-Path Adventure

To Be or Not To Be by Ryan North

Romeo and/or Juliet: A Chooseable-Path Adventure

Romeo and/or Juliet by Ryan North

Brooklyn House Magician's Manual (The Kane Chronicles)

Brooklyn House Magician’s Manual by Rick Riordan

Don't Cosplay with My Heart

Don’t Cosplay with My Heart by Cecil Castellucci

Tomb Raider, Vol 1.: Spore (Tomb Raider II)

Tomb Raider, Vol 1: Spore by Mariko Tamaki

Currently Reading:

My So-Called Bollywood Life

My So-Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma

Other Bookish Posts:

Top 5 Tuesday – Science Fiction

Monthly Wrap Up and TBR – May/June

Tags/Awards:

Simple-Line-Light-4

What books did you guys read this week, any new favourites? I’d love to get more recommendations as if my TBR pile isn’t big enough already! What fandoms or mythologies would you like to see me cover? I really need some recommendations. Any reads on your spring or summer TBRs? Books you’re looking forward to in 2018? Let me know in the comments below!

Advertisements

17 thoughts on “Weekly Wrap Up: May 28 – June 3

• kyera says:

Thanks! I was very surprised when I wrapped it up. Alas this week will not because I have to make a screencast instructional video for class and I have to work Saturday because the assistant director couldn’t find anyone to work. Ugh. They constantly talk about how they want to be flexible for school – yet I have no time for school.

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

I’m honestly going to probably end up doing some of my HW at work just to hopefully have enough time to do my project, but I just remembered I have a conference to go to on Thursday. Shoot. I legit have no time this week. Man it’s times like this I realize I REALLY need to buy a laptop. Agh.

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

I use my work desktop every morning to either catch up on blog posts, write my posts, or do my schoolwork – but it doesn’t even have sound so I can’t watch any of the class videos and I definitely can’t record a screencast tutorial video for class with a voice over 😩 I just wrote my script for it and I have to try to record it on my Mac tomorrow night after work. The only problem with working at my desk is the fact that people don’t respect the fact that it is my lunch break or whatever even if there is literally a fork and food halfway to my mouth. I get interrupted if I’m sitting at my desk trying to do my schoolwork, so I kind of also need the laptop at work so that I can disappear somewhere in the library and just work during my lunch break. You totally don’t need to hear about this, sorry.

Liked by 1 person

• bookprincessreviews says:

Oh nooooooooooooooo. I’m wishing you super luck with getting it all in tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the booktubing has got you to be a pro that you can have it all done on the first time. And omigosh, that’s awful. If I see the fork and food, I’m for sure backing up and pretending I accidentally stumbled there. Is it library patrons or co-workers? And no, it’s all good. 😉

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

Coworkers! My desk is in the room directly behind the circulation desk. Oh my gosh, I am the worst at booktubing haha. I cut about 50% of my recording when I edit because I mess up ALL THE TIME, although that’s probably because I have yet to actually write a script… this project requires that you submit the script as well, so I did that earlier tonight. But I don’t feel like recording the video now, I must read!

Liked by 1 person

• bookprincessreviews says:

Nooooooooooo. They should know better!!! Kyera’s co-workers, get it together. And oh no. XD It doesn’t show at all, though, Kyera!! And ahhhhhh gotcha. So at least one thing down BECAUSE READING MUST HAPPEN.

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

Oh gosh no it’s terrible. I just realized I’ve been recording it 100% wrong, like my shelves are so zoomed in. What’s wrong with me? Haha. But I haven’t gotten a chance to record a new video with that revelation in mind, or edit the one I recorded like three weeks ago.

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

I think normally you actually see their book shelves behind them as the backdrop and they probably stand close to their cameras to show you stuff… But I stood in front of my shelves and zoomed in my camera like a knucklehead. 😂

Liked by 1 person