Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Release Date: May 7th 2019
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
#1 New York Times bestselling authors Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings deliver the dazzling finale to the acclaimed Androma Saga, where stunning betrayals and devastating secrets send an embattled galaxy spiraling into the ultimate nightmare.
Her ship is gone, her crew is captured and notorious mercenary Androma Racella is no longer the powerful Bloody Baroness, but a fugitive ruthlessly hunted across the Mirabel Galaxy. The bloodthirsty Queen Nor now rules most of the galaxy through a mind-control toxin and she’ll stop at nothing to destroy her most hated adversary.
Andi will risk anything, even her precious freedom, to find a cure. Stranded with her unlikely ally, Dex, on the unforgiving ice planet of Solera, their plan to infiltrate a black-market city proves dangerously irresistible.
Back in Arcardius, Nor’s actions have opened Mirabel to invasion. As Andi’s crew fights to regain their freedom, Andi and Dex discover a threat far greater than anything they’ve faced before.
Only by saving their mortal enemy can the crew of the Marauder make one last desperate strike to save the galaxy—unaware that a shattering, centuries-old secret may demand the most wrenching sacrifice of all.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37971411-nexus
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/2TuNBnw
- B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nexus-sasha-alsberg/1128780413?ean=9781335903297#/
- Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Nexus-Sasha-Alsberg/9780008228378?ref=grid-view&qid=1553374761788&sr=1-1
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/nexus/id1440580976?mt=11
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/ebook/nexus-50
- Google Books: https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Nexus.html?id=iTpFuAEACAAJ&redir_esc=y
Sasha Alsberg is the #1 NYT Bestselling Co-Author of ZENITH: The Androma Saga.
When Sasha is not writing or obsessing over Scotland she is making YouTube videos on her channel Abookutopia. She lives in Massachusetts with her dogs, Fraser and Fiona
For her writing, she is represented by Joanna Volpe at New Leaf Literary.
- Website: https://theandromasaga.com
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15100575.Sasha_Alsberg
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/abookutopia
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sashaalsberg
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorsashaalsberg/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/sashaalsberg
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.es/sashaalsberg/
Lindsay Cummings is the #1 NYT Bestselling co-author of ZENITH, along with her duology, THE MURDER COMPLEX from Greenwillow Books/HarperCollins, and the MG trilogy THE BALANCE KEEPERS, from Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins. She is represented by Pete Knapp at Park Literary in NYC.
Lindsay deals with chronic fatigue, writes full time from her home in the deep woods in North Texas, and loves to chat with fellow book nerds. Lindsay created the #booknerdigans hashtag.
She’s still waiting on her letter from Hogwarts–it was probably just lost in the mail. You can follow Lindsay on twitter @authorlindsayc or on instagram @authorlindsaycummings
- Website: http://lindsaycummingsbooks.com/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5805483.Lindsay_Cummings
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/authorlindsayc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lindsay.cummings.758
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorlindsaycummings/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQXGpcOtwWF1zHuWnA8wjg
Nexus is the second book in the Androma Saga by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings. I’ve always been curious about authors co-writing books together because it seems impossible to be able to blend different writing styles and voices into one cohesive book – but I feel that they accomplished it. They write very well together and I was never pulled from the story because it seemed as though a completely different author took over a chapter and changed the tone.
The first book in the series was Zenith and I ended up enjoying the premise of the story more than the execution. There was a large cast of characters, but I never truly felt that they were given enough time to develop so that we could get to know them as more than just Andi’s crew. As a result, when we’re faced with the aftermath of Zenith as Andi discovers what happened to them – it just lacked emotional weight for me. That being said, I do actually feel that the characters were the strongest aspect of this book.
The character dialogue was a little forced at times and awkward in Zenith, but it was definitely improved in Nexus. The words flowed more smoothly and you can definitely tell that the authors have improved their writing skills in the last few years, just by continuing to write. The second book came off as a little more polished and well written than the first. That being said, the book was certainly in need of more polishing in my opinion.
The plot was both intriguing and off-putting for me. I just kept picking the book up to read and find out what was going to happen, so I was definitely invested in the story – but I also was completely thrown off by the plot of Valen and Nor. They were interesting in the first book, but I almost felt as though their plot ‘jumped the shark’ and I wasn’t given enough explanation to accept that it was how things were. If you haven’t read Zenith, then this won’t make sense but Valen’s abilities and the thing he uses to make those abilities absurdly overpowered just weren’t explained enough for me. I had so many questions and was just forced to accept that this is how things were going to play out. Too many why’s and too little answers. There were also plot twists that seemed a little too forced (and also simultaneously not explained well enough).
Overall though, I definitely enjoyed reading this book, even if I had more questions than answers and wanted a little more development in the characters, backstories, foundations of the plot points, and everything else. It’s still a fun and entertaining read (and obviously one that you should pick up if you’ve read Zenith so that you can find out what happens).
Be sure to check out all of the other amazing stops on this blog tour for Nexus!
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club – Welcome Post
- Some Books & Ramblings – Interview
- Kyera’s Library – Review
- Vicarious Bookworm – Review + Playlist
- The YA Obsesssed – Review
- Kait Plus Books – Interview
- Adventures and Reading – Review
- The Reading Corner for All – Review + Playlist
- Dazzled by Books – Review + Favourite Quotes
- Confessions of a YA Reader – Guest Post
- Bookish_Kali – Review + Favourite Quotes
- Charis Rae – Review
- The Book Dutchesses – Review
- A Bookish Dream – Review
- Alternate Futures – Review
- Rhythmicbooktrovert – Review + Playlist + Favourite Quotes
- Lisa-Queen of Random – Promotional Post
- Bookish Looks – Guest Post
- Belle’s Archive – Review + Playlist
- Morgan Vega – Review + Favourite Quotes
- Bookish bibliophile – Review + Favourite Quotes
Prize: Win a copy of NEXUS by Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Cummings (US Only)
Starts: 1st May 2019
Ends: 15th May 2019
Direct Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/d9681b86361/?
And be sure to enter the giveaway on my Instagram (which is also US only, sorry)!