Thank you so much to Dawlyn and Krista @Little Blind Book Finds for nominating me for this award. They are so sweet and keep nominating/tagging me for things. Seriously, go show them some love.
You can head here if you wish to read the full rules about this award or give the blog some love. Essentially, this award is given to bloggers by bloggers and recognizes those who have between 100-200 followers. It is a little more involved now than I believe it was when I was first nominated (and clearly not in this range), so I decided to do it again.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
One of My Favorite Blogs to Visit:
Mandy from Book Princess Reviews is a blog I visit quite frequently. She’s always fangirling about something amazing (like Sailor Moon or Doctor Who) or introducing me to new books that I inevitably add to my TBR (like I need any more books on the list). She’s also super sweet and if you’re not already following her, you should be.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I have a pet poodle named Piper.
- I love to sing and wish I could play an instrument (or three).
- The ends of my hair are purple, blue, turquoise and green.
- I am going to Disney World in September.
- One of my favourite feelings is the moment when someone tells you that they decided to give a book a chance because of your review/enthusiasm for it or that they fell in love with a book you recommended to them.
- I have a shop on Etsy in which I make Disney inspired bracelets.
- I’m an only child, but I come from a very large family that spends every holiday together.
- I am left-handed.
- I don’t like chocolate.
- I love video games.
Questions from Little Blind Book Finds:
1. What was your favorite book as a child?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling.
2. Is there a genre you don’t typically read, but want to read more of?
I don’t generally pick up historical fiction, but I love history and need to give the genre more of a chance.
3. What’s the book you’ve owned for the longest?
Oh gosh. I probably still have some of my books from when I was a child or a baby. I honestly don’t know what would be the oldest book though. Probably Goodnight Moon.
4. What book are you most excited to add to your collection?
A Harry Potter book that is signed by J.K. Rowling… but that’s crazy expensive.
5. If your favorite author asked for a book recommendation, what would you recommend?
What could I possibly recommend to J.K. Rowling? I guess I would go with the Shades of Magic trilogy by V.E. Schwab.
6. How do you organize your bookshelves?
Right now, most of my books are in storage bins until I get my new shelves and can display them. Generally, though, they’re mostly just sorted by series.
7. If you could live in a TV show, which would it be?
Avatar: The Last Airbender probably, but if it had to be with real people rather than a cartoon then maybe Doctor Who.
8. Name a book that you would love to see turned into a movie or TV adaptation?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir or A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas.
9. Name an adaptation that you liked better than the book.
Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
10. What’s something that you could eat every day and never get tired of?
Potatoes, they’re my favourite food and I did pretty much eat them every day for the last two plus years in the Peace Corps.
11. What is a bookish goal that you have for 2017?
My goal is to create a booktube/youtube channel in addition to my blog.
My 11 Questions:
- If you could go on an adventure with any one book character, who would it be?
- What’s your Patronus?
- If you could take the place of any character in a book, which one would it be?
- Would you rather meet your favourite author or have your favourite book signed by the author?
- Have you ever thought of writing a book or short story?
- Have you ever written fanfiction about something you love?
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- If you were to write a fictional book based on your life, what genre would it be?
- If you were to write a fictional book based on your life, what would the title be?
- What superpower would you want?
- If you could live in any fictional world, which one would you choose?
Most of the people I checked weren’t in the proper range to be nominated for this, but I apologize if I missed you. It’s really tough to easily figure out how many followers a blog has. Even if I didn’t tag you, I’d love to hear your answers to the questions in the comments below!
Leave a Reply