New Authors in 2017 – Top 5 Tuesday

Have you guys joined in on Top 5 Tuesday? These prompts legitimately make you think and they’re so good!

Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme that the lovely Bionic Bookworm does. If you are interested in doing any of her topics on your blog she welcomes it! Here is a list of her upcoming topics if you’re interested in participating in future Top 5’s! Be sure to check out her top five new authors of 2017 post here!

Top 5 New (To Me) Authors of 2017:

In no particular order…

V.E. Schwab

Susan Dennard

Mackenzie Lee

Alexandra Bracken

Francesca Zappia

Stephanie Garber

Adam Silvera

Sandhya Menon

Rainbow Rowell

Becky Albertalli

Ashley Poston

S. J. Kincaid

Shh, don’t tell anyone that I definitely went over the top 5 and the top 10 that Shanah mentioned.. unless it was combined… and then I’m good!

Simple-Line-Light-4

What did you guys think of my list?  Let me know who your favourite new authors of 2017 were in the comments below!

17 thoughts on “New Authors in 2017 – Top 5 Tuesday

1. Shanah - Bionic Book Worm says:

No worries about choosing more than 5…. my list had 10 this week! lol There was NOOO way I could narrow it down! Susan Dennard, Alexandra Bracken, and S.J. Kincaid are 3 authors that I own their books but haven’t read them yet… maybe they will be on my list for 2018! Great list!
    Thanks so much for participating 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

I know you said 5, or 10, but then I had like 15 and tried to narrow it down.. still had 12 I think. Whoops!

I didn’t realize you hadn’t read Susan Dennard’s books yet. I’d considering waiting at this point since only two books are out and the next release is sort of a prequel and won’t be out until 2018, so the continuation is probably a while away and it depends how much you want to torture yourself waiting for it.

Liked by 1 person

2. bookprincessreviews says:

I totally assumed you were a Schwab lover from the start??? I didn’t realize that you just got to her in 2017. Can I ask what took so long? And I totally thought you had read Dennard before too. You’re just that good with your fangirling. Wonderful post, Kyera!

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

I think both of them were around January of this year. I got super behind on my reading in college, so I caught up on so much during the two years in the Peace Corps. I didn’t read the Lunar Chronicles until last year, or the year before plus Ember, Grisha, Six of Crows, Throne of Glass, A Court of Thorns and Roses, etc. so I packed a LOT of fangirl into the last two years.

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

Oh HP for sure. It was a fluke that they saw it in a big box discount store, my dad mentioned hearing that the books were good and my mom saw that it was about a wizard and bought the first two. So maybe 2000?

Percy, I found in a discount store a maybe a year or so after it came out? It was like $2. Best discovery. I have the original, shiny silver lightning bolt cover.

Then Shadowhunters I found in TJ Maxx on clearance when Bones and Ashes were paperback and Glass was still hardcover. Google tells me that was 2009.

Soooo long story short, crazy random happenstance introduced me to some of my favourite books and I usually found them a year or two after they were published.

Liked by 1 person

• bookprincessreviews says:

Omigosh that is wild but amazing. How funny is that! You ended up with the best reads by total chance and fantastic clearance prices XD so impressive. Super fun stories, though! And there was a shiny lightning bolt cover of Percy????

Liked by 1 person

• kyera says:

Yeah, I think it’s rare. I just happened to find it for like $1.99 and it was probably the original cover, before they published the rest of the series and redid the design.