I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Dawlyn and Krista from Little Blind Book Finds! Be sure to check them out!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started:
I’ve always loved reading, but I’m not sure what drew me into writing reviews for them. I originally had a blog on blogspot/blogger but I was never really happy with the layout or look of that website. I had created a blog for my time in the Peace Corps (which I pretty much never updated, oops) and loved the WordPress interface. I ended up porting my reviews and rebuilding my site on here… and never looked back (seriously though, don’t look back at my early review) I absolutely love writing my blog and reviews on this site and am so happy with where it has gone since I started here earlier this year.
My advice for new bloggers:
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Obviously, that’s super tough because you might see another blogger reading seven books a week or one that started at the same time as you but has over a thousand subscribers and wonder, why not me? You all have different lives, varying amounts of free time, disposable income, etc so stressing about why you aren’t doing the same things as them is just going to make you not like blogging/reading as much and that’s not okay.
- In the same vein, you have to do what is best for you. Be authentic to your writing voice. Read the books you want to read. Your audience will come because they like what you say and how passionate you are about it. Not because you sound like x famous blogger or only read the most popular books. If you don’t seem like you’re enjoying what you’re doing, your audience likely won’t either.
Guys, why are the tag numbers always so incredibly high? I am not social enough for this. Also, please don’t feel obligated to do this post when I tag you – I just want to show everyone some really awesome bloggers that I love finding new posts from.
- Amber from the Literary Phoenix
- Kirsti from YA and Wine
- Mandy from Book Princess Reviews
- Rendz from Reading with Rendz
- Shanah from Bionic Book Worm
Thank you so much for reading the post and I would love to hear what your advice would be for new bloggers (or even seasoned ones)!
Leave a Reply