I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Yesha from Books Teacup and Review.
1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. A quote or any saying that you love and follow.
Live what you love.
2. What life lesson took you the most to learn?
If you put your mind to something, you can accomplish whatever you want. – I don’t think I’ve really learned that yet.
3. What do you love most about YOU?
My love of books. I don’t know who I would be without my lifelong love of books and disappearing into fantastical worlds.
4. What personality trait are you currently trying to change or improve?
Tough to say, but trying to be better at bragging about myself? That sounds weird. Basically, I want to get a job at a library, but proper jobs require a Master’s Degree and I don’t have one (yet, I want to get one but I need a job to afford it). I have so much library experience though and I feel like I need to learn to talk it up so when I apply to jobs, maybe they’ll overlook my current educational inadequacies because I created a library in Guyana with a functioning organizational system and check out.
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Pretty much anything science-y under the sun.. astronomer, paleontologist, geologist, archaeologist, etc. What courses were your worst and best in school?
6. What courses were your worst and best in school?
The depends if we’re talking elementary school, middle school, high school or college. I was a total overachieving child, so I did well in all of my subjects but science was my favourite. I probably did worst in band because I tried to play flute and that’s just not my forte.
In high school, my best subject was probably law or civics. They really are what inspired me to study political science and law in school (plus history, where did that come from?). My worst subjects were probably physics and calculus, mostly because I don’t really study and those aren’t classes you can do well in without studying. (A lot of memorizing methods and formulas.)
7. If you had to stick with one book genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Fantasy for sure.
8. What is your superpower?
Are we saying that I have a superpower? Because my friend says my super power is reading. I read a lot and I read quickly. My grandma would say that my super power is memorizing lyrics, she’s always baffled by the sheer number of songs I know the words to.
What superpower would I want? I have two. First, elemental powers. How amazing would it be to be able to harness the power of air, water, earth and fire? Second, telekinesis which is the ability to move things with your mind (not read minds, I don’t want that).
9. What are you currently watching on tv (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc (that you would recommend?)
I’m currently watching Doctor Who with my mom and Jane the Virgin when I’m home by myself organizing my stuff for the big redo.
10. What’s the weirdest or most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
Shark? It’s not super exciting but the particular shark I ate is kind of silly looking.
11. TWO PIECES OF ADVICE.
Always carry a book with you. Do what you love.
- What part of your blog are you most proud of?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favourite movie?
- Do you collect any particular book, series, author, or type of book (ie. old leatherbound books)?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Would you rather get 5 new random YA releases or 1 that you’ve been really looking forward to?
- Library or bookstore?
- Favourite place to read?
- Do you eat/drink when you read? If so, what?
- Would you prefer to work in a bookstore or a library?
- What is your most prized (book) possession?
I’ve had a lot of these awards/tags to do lately and I don’t want to overwhelm people with tags – so feel free to do this if you want, but I’m not tagging anyone so no pressure!
Leave a Reply