I had never even heard of this when I was nominated, so it’s truly a mystery but I am honoured. I’m using the format from the post that I was nominated in. Her post was broken down into four separate sections. (By the way, none of the photos in my post are my own.) Here are the rules first:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well (Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Myself:
1. I’ve never been the type of person to dream and plan out their entire future life, wedding, or whatever.. but I have always had grand plans for a future house. Other than the slide into a pool of dolphins in my basement… the planetarium… the wardrobe that I have to walk through to get into my walk-in closet with lovely fake snow covered lamppost illuminating the space… I will have a library. The one from Beauty and the Beast has always been an inspiration and maybe one day I’ll be lucky enough to have an entire room filled with books. There may also be a secret entrance to the library.. but I can’t give that away.
2. If you’ve read my about section, you will know that I am a Peace Corps volunteer.. but I only have 5 months left in my service (out of 27) which means now I get to dream. What do I do when I return to the US? My plan is to continue book blogging, but really commit myself to booktubing and bookstagramming as well. I’ve wanted to do it so much while I was here but that’s just not feasible. It’s such a wonderful community of book lovers and an inspiration. (And of course, update my bookshelves with all of the gorgeous books that have come out since I’ve been here! I mean check out the gorgeous bookstagram below. Serious shelf envy!)
3. My second dream and love is music/singing. I am not an outgoing person, but I’m very passionate about the things I love. Singing being an important one. I’ve always wanted to give my voice to a Disney Princess, like Lea Salonga and while I know that’s not likely to happen… I am still going to start putting myself out there more and creating music. Traci Hines is a huge inspiration to me. The music, videos, and clothing lines that she does are all of the things that I have always wanted to do – but never really thought I could. Seeing what she’s achieved (especially since she is also an introvert) makes me want to dedicate my time when I get back to doing just that.
These are the questions from Book Princess Reviews post ~ her blog is so pretty and inspiring! Check out her blog here!
1. It’s only a few weeks into 2017 – do you have a favorite new book yet?
Oh, this is such a difficult question to answer even though I’ve only read 13 books so far this year. My favourite book that was published this year thus far is Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken. It’s the sequel and finale to Passenger – it’s this epic time-traveling adventure that you need to read. I’m totally obsessed with this series.
2. What is your favorite book genre and has it always been that?
I would have to say fantasy and yes, it’s always been my favourite. My mom read the first three Harry Potter books to me when they came out and I instantly fell in love. By the next year, I was reading them on my own and over, and over again. (I read the first three books between 30 and 45 times, each, throughout elementary school. I’ve always loved reading.) That series has always been and always will be my favourite. The others that have joined it are also generally fantasy series like Shadowhunters, Percy Jackson and Throne of Glass.
3. What’s the last book you did not finish and why?
Right now I am about 50% of the way through John Adams by David McCullough. I found it in the Peace Corps office and brought it back to site with me. I started during final exams at my school because obviously I had to sit there for 6-7 hours a day without any kids coming to learn how to read from me… then the term ended and I haven’t picked the book back up again. I’ve been voraciously reading hundreds (not even exaggerating) of others books over the course of these two years and I’ll pick it back up again next time I have to sit in school through exams. I’ll finish it eventually.
4. What movie do you always watch to turn a frown upside down?
Any Disney movie is perfect, but probably either Mulan or Aladdin. They are my favourites, you can’t go wrong with the comedy of Mushu or Genie.
5. The silly question: If you had to have tea with one Disney Princess, who would it be and do you totally hate tea?
This question is sooo tough! I love tea, although I’d probably bring an iced chai to this tea party. Is that allowed? Slight cheat, but if heroines were allowed I would definitely have tea with Alice. Since she’s not a princess, I can’t officially choose her. I feel like Mulan would introduce me to some really lovely teas, so definitely her as long as she didn’t pour it all over the table or accidentally give me an ink mustache – but if she can’t make it, either Jasmine or Belle.
Tag…you’re it! Let’s try some new bloggers? I’d love to learn more about some of the people who follow my posts!
- If you could meet or be friends with any book character in real life, who would it be?
- Imagine you were given the opportunity to get your dream book. What would it be and why?
- If you could go to any location real or imaginary where would it be?
- What inspired your love of reading?
- Who is your Disney spirit animal?
Thanks so much again and make sure to go check out her blog. Feel free to answer these questions yourself! What would you ask?